Welcome to QCSD, Erin Camburn!

       The 2020-21 school year welcomes a new group of teachers. We asked all of our new teachers to the district to share some information so we could all get to know them a bit.


Name
Erin Camburn

Teaching Assignment: Director of Choirs at QCHS

Building Assignment: High School

Teaching Experience: 
Stuart Country Day School in Princeton, N.J. (10 years as Middle and High School Vocal Director); Germantown Academy in Fort Washington, PA (1 year as an adjunct voice teacher); Garrison Forest School in Owings Mills, MD (4 years as Middle School Vocal Director).


Hobbies/Interests: 
I like to cook and sing along to 80s music!


Why did you become a teacher?: 
I want to share my love for music with students and show them that they and their peers can create an amazing musical experience together with a little hard work and a lot of passion. This job at QCHS is honestly my dream job and I am honored to carry on Mr. Lechner's incredible program.


What is your favorite part of teaching? 
My favorite parts are the relationships that I create with and among the choirs - we are like a little family. I also love 'getting the notes off of the page' when we perform and creating a musical experience with my students.


What is one thing you want the community to know? 
My most famous performance experience was a solo at the Kennedy Center with the National Symphony Orchestra, and my most favorite memory with my choirs was the invitation to perform at Carnegie Hall under the baton of Dr. Anton Armstrong.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QCEA Celebrates Retirees: Jonathan Lechner

QCEA President Shares Statement at 11/12/20 School Board Meeting