Welcome to QCSD, Lisa Bassett

       The 2020-21 school year welcomes a new group of teachers. We asked all of our new teachers to the district to share some information so we could all get to know them a bit.


Name
Lisa Bassett

Teaching Assignment: Vocal/General Music

Building Assignment: Strayer School

Teaching Experience: This is my Fifth Year teaching. I taught one year at St. Barnabas and St. Cyril of Alexandria where I taught pre-K through 8th grade music. Since then I have worked for the last 3 years at Beverly Hills Middle School in Upper Darby SD where I taught General Music, Musical Theater, and Choir.



Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy kayaking with my dog, theatre, reading, helping out with Girl Scouts, and I am currently learning American Sign Language.



Why did you become a teacher?: To share my knowledge and passion for music.



What is your favorite part of teaching? Getting to know all the awesome students!



What is one thing you want the community to know? I performed the part of Ariel in the Tempest at the Estates Theater in Prague. The Estates Theater is where Mozart Premiered his opera Don Giovanni.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QCEA Celebrates Retirees: Jonathan Lechner

QCEA President Shares Statement at 11/12/20 School Board Meeting

Welcome to QCSD, Erin Camburn!