Welcome to QCSD: Tyler Kitchenman

       The 2020-21 school year welcomes a new group of teachers. We asked all of our new teachers to the district to share some information so we could all get to know them a bit.


Name
Tyler Kitchenman

Teaching Assignment: English 11 CP and Honors

Building Assignment: High School

Teaching Experience: 
This is my third year as an educator. I have taught for two years previously at Celebration High School in Orlando Florida also for a short stint at Apopka High School in Apopka Florida.


Hobbies/Interests: 
I am a writer first. I also enjoy reading and watching movies. I am an avid fan of comic books and the Wizarding World. I am currently pursuing an MLA at the University of Pennsylvania so that takes up quite a bit of my time as well.


Why did you become a teacher?: 
Because I seek to be a forever student. I feel to be the best that we can be we must always be open to learning. Where better to be a student than as an educator. It enables me to constantly learn more and pass that knowledge on to others.


What is your favorite part of teaching? 
I really enjoy that moment when a student finally grasps ahold of an idea or concept. I love that it is a team effort and we are both seeking the same goal of understanding something. And once that falls into place there is no greater reward.


What is one thing you want the community to know? 
I've continually struggled with the age old question: "What do you want to be when you grow up." I've worked in the entertainment industry, the hospitality industry as well as education. I have two undergrad degrees as well as two certificate (none of which were in education) as well as my current conquest at Penn. The point is that we should not seek our own obstacles. Be smart but also be fearless. I hope to use my own experiences to further inspire students to pursue happiness in a career that will prove to both fulfilling and successful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QCEA Celebrates Retirees: Jonathan Lechner

QCEA President Shares Statement at 11/12/20 School Board Meeting

Welcome to QCSD, Erin Camburn!