QCEA Loves our Nurses: Kimberly Gol

QCEA wants to celebrate all of our nurses working tirelessly through the days, nights and weekends to help keep our staff, students and community safe places to work and learn. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Thank you also for your efforts that we see and for all of the work you do behind the scenes. 


Name: 
Kimberly Gol


Which building(s) do you serve? 
Neidig Elementary School


How long have you been a school nurse? 
18 years


Why did you become a school nurse?
Love kids. After working in hospitals, doctor's office and visiting nursing, I was looking for a nursing position in which to end my nursing career.....less stress, more time off and a regular schedule. It was a total bonus to have summers off to spend with my family. Another bonus is working in the community in which I live as a way of giving back and using my talents.


How has COVID impacted your job this school year? 
The less stress as mentioned above is gone.....it is now 24/7 trying to ensure the safety of my building, my students and staff. COVID comes first and our other duties such as screenings have taken a back seat until things are under control.


Out of all of your responsibilities, what do you feel is your biggest challenge?
Keep communication open and giving parents and staff the latest, up to date information on COVID, COVID restrictions and ensuring we keep out community safe.


What do you find most rewarding as a school nurse?
Seeing the smiles on the kiddos faces, calling me 'doctor pill giver' and the support of staff-they are my work family.


Using just one word, name something that drives your passion?
Kindness


What's something you'd like to share with the Quakertown community?
I live in the community in which I work, raised my son here and he is also a graduate of QCSD.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QCEA Celebrates Retirees: Jonathan Lechner

QCEA President Shares Statement at 11/12/20 School Board Meeting

Welcome to QCSD, Erin Camburn!