QCEA Loves Our Nurses: Michelle Molyneaux

QCEA wants to celebrate all of our nurses working tirelessly through the days, nights and weekends to help keep our staff, students and community safe places to work and learn. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Thank you also for your efforts that we see and for all of the work you do behind the scenes. 



Name: 
Michelle Molyneaux


Which building(s) do you serve?
My home school is Quakertown Elementary. I am the Certified School Nurse for QE, Richland Elementary, and Neidig Elementary, and also a co-coordinator for the nursing department.


How long have you been a school nurse? 
5 years


Why did you become a school nurse?
After working in the hospital for many years, I had an injury that left me looking for a change. Working within the school came with many benefits that other areas of nursing did not. Once I started as a substitute, I couldn't see myself doing anything else.


How has COVID impacted your job this school year? 
COVID has exponentially increased the presence of the school nurse. In years past, the school nurse position is often invisible, except to those students, families, and staff members that need us. This year, everyone needs us. The phone calls, emails, and text messages never seem to stop. I don't leave my house without my work bag.


Out of all of your responsibilities, what do you feel is your biggest challenge?
One of the biggest challenges this year has been keeping current on the ever-changing COVID recommendations and guidelines by the CDC and the Pennsylvania and Bucks County Health Departments, and communicating those changes to our community effectively. 


What do you find most rewarding as a school nurse?
Getting to know the students and their families, watching them grow, and knowing that once in a while I do make an impact on their life. 


Using just one word, name something that drives your passion?
Community


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QCEA Celebrates Retirees: Jonathan Lechner

QCEA President Shares Statement at 11/12/20 School Board Meeting

Welcome to QCSD, Erin Camburn!