QCEA Celebrates Retirees: Margie Regan

 Since we can't celebrate in person, QCEA wants to celebrate all of our retirees online. We thank them for their years of dedication and service, and we wish them all the best in retirement! 


Name
Margie Regan

Last AssignmentCSN. Quakertown High School

Number of Years in Education19

Number of Years Teaching in Quakertown17

Which building(s) have you worked in?
Milford MS/ High School


What will you miss the most about teaching? 
I already miss the students who I liked to think of as my own kids (most of the time).

What will you miss the least about teaching? 
All the paperwork

What is your happiest memory from your time in Quakertown? 
Everyday walking into MMS! It truly was my family at work and I made many long lasting friends there.

What advice do you have for your friends at QCSD? 
For my nurse friends, especially during this crazy pandemic -take time to breathe and get a moment for yourselves. Do not look at your email on weekends if you can help it.

What are your retirement plans? 
Getting my home organized, being with my family, and being full time Grammy along with my husband, their PopPop to our 2 beautiful granddaughters!


______________________________________


Thanks for the memories. 
This next section of the blog post includes some fond memories shared by colleagues. 


Margie was a life saver for me when I initially worked here. It was my first year working as a nurse in the high school, and the Certified School Nurse I was working with took a medical leave and I was often here working by myself. I remember feeling overwhelmed every day. One morning I was on the phone with Margie and she must have heard the desperation in my voice and asked if I wanted her to come over. I burst into tears and told her yes, I really needed help. Margie was here in minutes and helped me figure out what needed to be done. That was the beginning of the great working relationship we always had.
- Melissa Kelly


"I known Margie from when we both worked at Abington Hospital...good 'ole AMH.  The years go by so quickly and I want to thank her for her leadership and helping to move the nursing department forward...our SNAP program was expanded by her and help move us from 5x8 index cards to having all our student health updates now computerized....we may curse it at times but in the long run it is a major help in organizing our day. I wish you well Margie and pray that you enjoy retirement and the joys with your family....your retirement smile lights up hour face. God Bless!!"
- Kimberly Gol


When I became the new secretary at Milford, Margie was incredibly in helping me learn the ropes of a building secretary.  She was always kind and helpful (even the numerous times I interrupted her lunch with students with bloody noses).  When I recently moved to the District Office, she was a valuable resource in learning all the COVID-related requirements that were changing daily.  She always offered her assistance with kindness and grace.  Wishing Margie a well-deserved and relaxing retirement!  
Eileen Finlayson


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QCEA Celebrates Retirees: Jonathan Lechner

QCEA President Shares Statement at 11/12/20 School Board Meeting

Welcome to QCSD, Erin Camburn!